Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why this is important to ME!!

I love Harriet Brown's Blog called "Feed Me!". She is a published author who wrote a book about a girl with an eating disorder called brave girl eating. It talks about a families struggle with anorexia. I would really love to read this book. So often we think that it is just the person with the eating disorders problem but it is a struggle for the whole family. I can attest to it. Someone in my family struggle with bulimia. For so long we had no clue that there was anything wrong with my family member. Once you find out you start to think how could you have missed it? That person of your family had been sick all this time and not for one second did you notice that anything was not right. Then once it is time for the person fighting with the eating disorder to fight it is a whole family struggle because they need support to get through and turn their life around. This is why this subject is so important to me. We need to get awareness, prevention, and treatment out to the general public. I think that if I would have known more about bulimia could I have noticed the signs and symptoms to help my family member.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your sharing your own family's experience. I am sure there are many others out there.

    ReplyDelete