Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blog Post 2!

I commented on another blog! I really enjoy reading other peoples blogs about eating disorders. They are very inspirational and really out there with eating disorders awareness and education. This blog is on Physiology Today and the Blog is called "Body of Evidence" by Carrie Arnold. She has her another blog on blog spot that is more personal. This blog she recently got hired to write about the science of eating disorders. So far it is very informational and is going to be amazing at help the getting important information out to the population about eating disorders.

Therefore this is what I posted on Carrie Arnold's blog:
First off I want to congratulate you on your new blog! I think it is off to a wonderful start. I am a graduate student at Eastern Kentucky University’s Community Nutrition Program. I have been following your blog since the beginning of the semester. When I found out you were starting this blog I got very excited. I really enjoy your blog and I have to say I am a fan. I love your story and it is very inspirational. As a project this semester I started a blog. I decided that I wanted my blog to about eating disorders and the passing of bill H.R. 36 Eating Disorders Awareness, Prevention, and Education Act of 2011. This bill amends the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to authorize the use of innovative assistance funds for programs to: (1) improve identification of students with eating disorders; (2) increase awareness of such disorders among parents and students; and (3) train educators with respect to effective eating disorder prevention and assistance methods. I chose this topic because my sister suffered with an eating disorder and I feel as though no one wants to talk about eating disorders. I love your blog and I think that this blog is going to be very helpful in eating disorder education. Thank you for all you do for the fight against eating disorders!

No comments:

Post a Comment